[pinterest]Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores Bars. One word.. Ah-mazing! No campfire needed for this delicious treat!
Back when I was younger, my family would go camping at least once every year. We didn’t camp in tents though, so some people may not call an RV “real” camping, but whatever. Camping was always a blast and the best part of every night was the campfire! Roasting marshmallows was my absolute favorite. What’s better than a roasty, toasty marshmallow? Oh yeah… a s’more!!! Whoever came up with the idea of a s’more, I love you. S’mores are my all time favorite summer time treat. Right up there with Cookies And Cream Ice Cream. Or all year round, really. When I was pregnant with my son, I would crave s’mores like crazy, so I would make them on the stove almost everyday. Ha! Whacko alert. They really are just my favorite thing on the planet and I plan to make s’mores everything in every possible form. Bars, check. Now, to maybe create some cookies, cake, brownies.. ice cream? Wow, that could be something. Is there s’mores ice cream already? I’m not sure. But I’m going to make it.
Anyway, these bars I have for you today are just.. on another level. When you combine Chocolate chip cookie dough + marshmallows + chocolate + graham crackers, what do you get? Something AMAZING. Ooey gooey, chewy, perfect, rich… Shall I go on? I don’t know if there are enough adjectives to describe just how great these are!
That picture ^ makes my mouth water a bit. Mmmmm.
This morning Mike came up to me and goes, “Ya know those things you made yesterday.. The s’mores things? Those were ridiculous. I couldn’t stop eating them.” Boyfriend approved.
These are the SIMPLEST bars to make. Now, let me break it down for you..
First, you line the bottom of your greased baking pan with a single layer of graham cracker sheets. I think I used about 10 (I forgot to count, sorry!). Make your chocolate chip/marshmallow cookie dough and top the graham cracker layer with that, pressing down firmly to make sure everything is even and level. Bake that up for the recommended baking time. Then, take it out of the oven and place your chopped Hershey bars and marshmallows on top and put all of that amazing-ness back in the oven for another 5 minutes. When they’re done, try not to drool all over them. Also, really try to let these cool or the chocolate will be a gooey mess and they’ll be very hard to cut. Of course, my impatient self couldn’t wait, so mine got a little more melty when I cut them, that’s okay though, they still taste great. 😀 And, that’s it.
Gooey S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Cookie Dough Layer
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 1/4 + 1 tbs flour
- 11 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 2-3 packages graham cracker sheets
- 1 King size Hershey's Chocolate Bar - or 2-3 regular size bars
- 1/4 cup marshmallows for top
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place graham cracker sheets across the bottom of pan, fill up every spot and break grahams in half if you have to. Set aside.
- Make Dough
- 1. Melt your butter halfway in microwave. Cream butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- 2. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- 3. Incorporate the flour, corn starch and baking soda on low until JUST combined.
- 4. Pour in your chocolate chunks and marshmallows and mix them in by hand with a rubber spatula or spoon until they are evenly distributed.
- 5. Take big chunks of dough and press down on top of graham crackers (it's much easier to just use your hands for this part) until no grahams are seen and everything is even and level.
- 6. Place in your preheated oven and bake for 17 minutes. While this is baking, start getting your marshmallows ready and chopping up your chocolate bar. You want big pieces.
- 7. Once pan is out of the oven, place marshmallows and chocolate pieces all over the top of the bars where you want them. Place back in the oven to bake another 5 minutes.
- 8. Once 5 minutes is up, take the bars out of the oven and let them cool for about 20 minutes or until the chocolate is set enough to be able to cut. (Waiting is the hardest part!)
- 9. Once cooled, slice them up (I like to use a pizza cutter for easy cutting), serve and enjoy!!