These Butterscotch Toffee Pudding Cookies will knock your socks off. They are extreeeemely flavorful and stay soft for days!
Can you believe it's almost cookie season? This is about the time I start getting a baking list going to have everything planned out when December comes rolling around! These butterscotch toffee pudding cookies are already on my list to make again for the Holidays! They are honestly one of the most flavorful cookies ever so get ready for a butterscotch explosion in your mouth!
Butterscotch Toffee Pudding Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, brown butter on the stove. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Pour browned butter into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment making sure to scrape all of the brown bits at the bottom of the pan! Stir in both sugars until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Pour in pudding mix, flour, baking soda and pinch of salt and stir until just incorporated. Don't over mix. Fold in butterscotch chips and toffee bits by hand with a rubber spatula (I reserve about 2 tbs of butterscotch chips and 1 tbs of toffee bits to press into the tops of dough balls before baking) until evenly distributed.
- Roll dough into 2 rounded tablespoons and place 1" apart on baking sheets. If you reserved butterscotch chips and toffee bits, press into the tops of cookie dough balls now. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. Cookies will be underdone but will set up when they cool and stay very soft. Allow them to cool on baking sheets for 7-10 minutes until able to be handled without breaking apart before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Browned Butter Butterscotch Pudding Cookies will stay soft and fresh for up to one week stored in an airtight container.