Lately I have been on such a cake batter kick. It's one of my favorite flavors and the fact that you can add cake mix to your favorite treats to make them taste like it is like a dream come true! I love puppy chow and mostly I love how amazingly easy it is to make! From start to finish it will take you about 10 minutes, that's it! This was the first time I made it myself and I can't even tell you how pleased I am! It is so incredibly addictive. I had about 6 handfuls just while I was shooting these photos alone. Also, I had some before breakfast this morning. I just can't help myself, it's so good! I don't advise you to do any of this though, this definitely isn't the healthiest snack!
While making these, be sure to completely coat the cereal with the white chocolate mixture or else the powder will not stick on some areas! You want to pack it on these babies. Oh. And lots and lots of sprinkles. And M&M's! So good.
This recipe is very customizable so you can change out the flavor and use any kind of cake mix you'd like. You can also change the add-ins too, or just not use any at all! I had Easter M&M's on hand to go with mine, just like I used in these bars, but M&M eggs or cadbury eggs would be so much more festive! This treat would make a perfect addition to your Easter dessert table or just perfect to stuff your face with!
Cake Batter Easter Puppy Chow
- 1 cup white chocolate baking melts disks
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow cake mix I used Duncan Hines Butter Golden
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- Measure cereal in a large bowl, set aside. Measure powdered sugar and cake mix and pour them together into a big zip top bag, set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter until they are able to be mixed. Pour white chocolate mixture over cereal and toss to coat completely. Pour cereal mixture into zip top bag with powdered mixture and shake bag back and forth. Add sprinkles and shake some more. Some may not stick but that's okay.
- Once cereal is completely coated, pour into a large bowl and add M&M's to the mix. Serve and enjoy!