HELLO, fall! I am so flippppping happy it’s fall you guys, you have no idea. There’s nothing I love more than boots, scarves, hoodies and obviously the beautiful weather we’ve been having here in New Jersey. I’ve been living in my combat boots for the past month just wishing it was time for them to be socially acceptable to wear and now it’s finally here. To officially celebrate fall, even though I’ve been posting fall-y recipes on here for the past month anyway, I give you.. Caramel Apple Blondies! Holy delicious. I have been eyeing these caramel bits in my pantry for weeks now trying to figure out what I can make with them and it finally hit me when I had some extra apples laying around- blondies!
Blondies are always my go-to when I want to use up some left over candy or anything extra I have laying around because they’re so simple and come out amazing no matter what you add to them! I doubled them to fit in a 9×13 pan and I’m glad I did because these went FAST. Mike deemed these “the best thing I’ve ever made,” aside from my apple crumb cake. I guess he really loves apple desserts.
Apples and caramel are just a flavor combo that are meant to be paired together. Especially in a gooey blondie! The caramel bits melt into the bars slightly making them ultra gooey, ultra caramel-y and ultra chewy. The apples also soften to add to the chewy factor and add so much amazing flavor. Obviously my favorite part is the brown sugar glaze on top. It’s the same one I used on my apple crumb cake and it’s just my favorite ever because it’s SO good and stupidly easy to make. You just whisk the ingredients together until smooth and that’s it!
These bars are basically like having a simpler form of an apple pie. Just slap a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and you have a majorly delicious dessert on your hands!
Caramel Apple Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 5 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups apples peeled cored and chopped small (I use Granny Smith apples)
- 1 cup caramel bits
*Brown Sugar Glaze*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. If not using parchment paper, be sure to grease the bottom and sides extremely well because the caramel may stick to the bottom slightly.
- In a large bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until completely combined. Add cinnamon and flour and mix until just incorporated. Fold in chopped apples and caramel bits until evenly distributed.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking pan so everything is even and level. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center doesn't look wet anymore (you'll see what I mean) and edges brown slightly. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting. While they are cooling prepare glaze by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl. Once completely cool, cut into bars and serve with glaze drizzled on and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Bars will stay fresh for up to 3 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.