Remember last week when I said these were my new favorite cookies? Well, I have a new favorite. Still involving my beloved oreos but this time, MINT oreos! I have seen these in stores for so long and I have NO idea what took me so long to buy them! They are heaven in my mouth. I am obsessed with mint chocolate anything – I have a chocolate mint milkshake pretty much every night. I may have a problem.. Anyway, I really wanted to use them in some cookies since I discovered that adding cookies into cookies is the most genius thing ever. I decided to add them to one of my favorite chocolate cookie recipes and instead of adding plain old boring chocolate chips, I used some Andes mints! I had some sitting in my cabinet begging to be used so this was the perfect opportunity. The cookies are chewy and rich in chocolate flavor with a minty crunch from the oreos. The Andes mints are the perfect inclusion because they get gooey and melty and add even more mint chocolate flavor.
I really can’t even tell you how excited I am about these cookies. Ya know what the best part about them is? Nobody in my house likes mint chocolate anything. So, you know what that means? I had these all to myself! Thank the heavens for that. Theres something about mint and chocolate together that is so refreshing! Leave it to me to find a chocolate-loaded dessert refreshing. Ha! Sometimes I question myself.
After the first day, the cookies are best warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds to get the chocolate all melty and soft.
If you love mint chocolate, you will adore these cookies just as much as I do!
Chewy Chocolate Mint Oreo and Andes Mint Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted half way
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed (or light)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Andes mints chopped (I used 16 whole mints - you may opt to use Andes mint baking chips)
- 10 mint oreo cookies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the flour, cocoa and baking soda together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour in flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in oreos an Andes mints by hand with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed. This is optional, but I reserved 1/4 cup of each to press into the top of my cookies for a visual pop.
- Scoop dough into 2 rounded tablespoons each and place on baking sheet. Press some oreo and mint pieces into the top. Repeat this process until all dough is rolled and onto baking sheets. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Center of cookies will be underdone but that is what makes them chewy. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cookies will stay soft for up to 5 days in an airtight container.