Puff pastry dough is rolled up in a sweet and spicy coating of cinnamon sugar, sliced into cookies and baked up to golden perfection!
Looking for a super easy dessert that you can make in a hurry? These Cinnamon Swirl Cookies are it! To make this recipe simple, I used puff pastry as the “cookie dough.” You’ll only need THREE ingredients for this recipe! Wewalka Puff Pastry dough, cinnamon, and sugar.
Cinnamon Swirl Puff Pastry Cookies
- 1 Pkg Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle 1/4 cup onto a flat surface. Unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper face down on top of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Remove the parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the dough. With a rolling pin, press down on the dough spreading it out slightly and pressing the cinnamon sugar into both sides of the dough.
- Starting at the short ends roll the dough into a log. Cut in half, wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes for easier cutting. Once firm, cut 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife. Place slices on prepared baking sheet and press them down slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown and bubbling. The centers may puff up while baking press them down with a rubber spatula immediately out of the oven for flat cookies.