This milkshake is super creamy and insanely delicious!
Valentine’s Day is one of my most favorite Holidays! Every year I try to make the day special for my man by making some of his favorite foods (and by foods I obviously mean treats) and by giving him special little gifts. This year, I already know that my truffle brownies (the non-mint version) will be making an appearance since I have been forced to make a batch every. single. week. He’s insane! Unfortunately, this creamy red velvet milkshake isn’t something Mike can consume since it contains dairy but I am absolutely head over heels for it!
HOW upsetting is the fact that he can’t have ice cream?! I don’t know what I would do with myself. It’s literally like my lifeline. And basically the reason I started a new diet today. UGH. I’m really trying to stick with it this time. I just want ice cream. And red velvet milkshakes.
This shake is creamy, dreamy red velvet heaven! I use a whole cup of milk in these milkshakes because adding cake mix makes it taste very thick even though the consistency isn’t thick. It will completely make sense when you take your first delicious sip. I swear, when I took these pictures during the day by myself….. with nobody to share this with.. you can guess what happened. I had to FORCE myself to stop drinking and dump it down the sink – talk about TORTURE – because I knew I would be sick after ingesting 3 cups of a milkshake. It’s just sooooo goooood.
This milkshake is just so addicting, you won’t be able to stop after one sip!
Creamy Red Velvet Milkshake
- 6 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 3/4-1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup red velvet cake mix
- red food coloring optional
- whipped cream for garnish optional
- Combine ice cream, milk, and cake mix in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Start with 3/4 cup of milk and go from there. (I usually use 1 cup because even if the milkshake is very thin, it tastes thicker due to the cake mix.) If using, add red food coloring until desired color is achieved. Pour into serving cups and garnish with whipped cream if desired.