This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Kale salad loaded with dried cranberries, apples, pecans and topped with the most delicious apple cider dressing - the perfect salad for fall!
With lots of dessert recipes coming this Fall, I thought this yummy kale salad would break things up a bit. This is my new go-to salad recipe for Fall! And possibly year-round. It has all of the Fall salad necessities:
dried cranberries, crunchy apples and pecans. The dressing is absolutely delicious - it's made from apple cider! I cannot get enough of it.
My favorite ingredient in this dish is the Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries. I love adding them to any salad (or even desserts!) to get a little sweetness in there. They make living a healthier lifestyle a little more enjoyable!
Fun fact: Did you know that ¼ cup of Craisins® Dried Cranberries provides ½ cup of fruit? I think that's pretty awesome.
It's always good to add some good greens in there to make the salad extra filling. I love using a Kale because it's so insanely powerful and filled with tons of vitamins and antioxidants!
Add this fun salad to your menu for Fall!
Fall Harvest Cranberry Salad
- 4-5 cups kale
- ¾ cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 cup feta
- ¾ cup whole pecans shelled
- 2 small apples green or red, sliced thin
*Apple Cider Dressing*
- ½ cup apple cider you can also just use apple juice
- 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- Place kale in a large bowl and massage for 3 minutes. I know this step is a little weird, but this takes out the bitterness in the leaves (and it really works!). Add rest of ingredients on top.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss everything together to combine. Serve.
If you shop at Sam's Club, you may have noticed that Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries are not available but can still be found at other retailers. I picked mine up at Walmart and they can be found in the breakfast isle with the other dried fruits. You can get them for the rollback price of $4.98 for the huge 24 oz package!