This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasyHolidayEats #CollectiveBias
Super soft and delicious vanilla thumbprint cookies filled with jam. The perfect Holiday cookie!
Thumbprint cookies are some of my favorite cookies to make! I've made a version of these cookies in the past that have a cheese danish-like filling and they were awesome so I knew using that cookie as a base for these jam-filled cookies would be delish! I made a few changes and here we are. The cookies are so super soft and the little vanilla bean flecks throughout each cookie is my favorite. Of course if you don't have vanilla bean paste or simply don't want to buy it, you can just substitute regular vanilla extract for the same amount called for in the recipe. No biggie!
The jam used in this recipe is a new discovery for me! Normally it's so hard to find a store bought fruit spread that ACTUALLY tastes good and this Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread does the job! I also bought the Triple berry flavor and both are equally delicious. I can't wait to try all of the flavors! Blueberry Lemon, Strawberry Jalapeño and Concord Grape are the others available. They are all naturally sweetened with honey and are perfect for easy Holiday entertaining. Everyone loves thumbprint cookies! Try them with any of the flavors mentioned above and they're sure to be a hit.
To make these cookies, you'll prepare the dough and chill it for at least two hours. I dare you not to try it. It's so super smooth and delicious from the cream cheese in the dough! Once the chilling time is up, you'll roll the dough into balls and place them on the cookie sheet. I like to take the end of my wooden spoon or any thin, round object to make the indentation in the cookie dough. Fill each well with ½-1 tsp of the fruit spread and bake them up! Easy peasy. As long as you chilled the dough for the correct amount of time, they don't spread much either so you can make more than you normally would in one batch!
When the cookies come out of the oven, they smell amazing and I bet you won't be able to stop at just one!
Jam Filled Vanilla Thumbprint Cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or equal amount of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread for filling
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), cream butter, cream cheese, sugar and salt together until smooth with no lumps. Add egg yolks and vanilla bean paste and beat until combined. Add flour and mix until just incorporated, do not over-mix. Chill dough for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Make an indentation in the center of each dough ball with a thin, rounded object like the end of a wooden spoon. Repeat this process for the rest of the cookie dough. Fill each well with ½-1 tsp of fruit spread. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until edges are very lightly golden. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- These Jam-Filled Vanilla Thumbprint Cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
You can earn $1.00 off Smucker's Fruit & Honey Fruit Spread by using the Ibotta app!
You can find these Smucker's Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads at Walmart located in jelly isle.