This Mixed Berry Lemon Cream Cheese Tart is an incredibly impressive dessert that takes no time to make. Boasting fresh berries on top of a sweet lemon cream cheese filling and a flaky puff pastry crust.
I know, I know.. I'm all over the place this week. Yesterday I posted a fall inspired Apple Cider Mojito recipe and today I'm posting a summer-y dessert. I'm 9 ½months pregnant and can't make up my mind, okay?! Haha. This recipe I have for you today is such a nice and fresh dessert that everyone will love! It honestly looks very impressive and people will think you spent a lot of time on it when in reality, it didn't take much effort at all. I just love those kinds of desserts. The ones that look super pretty and impressive without all the work.
To make this recipe, you'll start out by using my most favorite Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough. It is seriously the flakiest, most buttery dough you can find in a store. You would never know it came from a package! What makes it even easier, is you just roll it out on the enclosed parchment paper and place it right on the baking sheet to bake.
Follow my instructions below on how to prepare the dough before baking. Once the puff pastry is baked up, you'll whip up the filling which is only a few simple ingredients and fill the cooled puff pastry. Top with berries and you're done! If you're not a fan of the berries I chose for mine, you can always substitute with your favorites!
Mixed Berry Lemon Cream Cheese Tart
Puff Pastry Crust
- 1 pkg. Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Create a border around the dough by scoring with a knife about ½" thick, being sure not to cut all the way through. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the center of the dough.
- Blind bake dough for 15-20 min. Once golden brown, remove from oven and press down the puffy center with a flat spatula to make room for the filling and toppings.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice, mixing until completely combined. Spoon and spread onto cooled puff pastry. Top with berries and serve.