Nutella and Homemade Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie. This will just absolutely blow your mind.
Every single bite of this cookie is amazing. You get a mouthful of creamy nutella, followed by a warm river of gooey caramel every time . It is just oozing with deliciousness (literally). I can’t even describe in words how great it is. You’ll just have to make it for yourself.
I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough base for the cookie dough, and loaded that sucker up with 20 oz of chopped chocolate chunks! Once you get tour cookie dough prepared and chill it for at least an hour, you can begin making this amazingness.
First, spread and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the skillet, it doesn’t have to be perfect. If your skillet isn’t well seasoned, you may need to lightly grease it. I greased mine just to be safe because mine is fairly new.
Next, spread on a hearty layer of some delicious nutella and try not to eat half of the container. No measurement required here, put as much as you want!
Pour on some homemade caramel. Or any kind of caramel sauce you have. Again, no required measurement. (Homemade is so much better and soooo easy to make.)
Break up the other half of the dough and place it on top of the cookie. This does not have to be perfect either and doesn’t have to cover every single inch.
Bake, bake, bake, bake, bake……
Drizzle that baby with some nutella “ganache” and some more caramel. And there you have it, the most perfect, delicious, ooey gooey cookie you have ever eaten in your entire life.
Nutella and Homemade Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 3/4 cups 1.5 sticks unsalted butter, melted half way
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 1/4 cups + 1 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks + 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Homemade Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Nutella Ganache
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 2-3 tbs cream
- + about 1 1/2 cups or more plain nutella for inside cookie!
- Make Homemade Caramel Sauce (if making it, if not, go on to next step.)
- Nutella Ganache
- 1. Heat nutella and cream in microwave for about 45 seconds or until creamy and smooth when mixed.
- 1. Whisk together melted butter and sugars until smooth. (No mixer required.)
- 2. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until completely combined.
- 3. Incorporate the flour, corn starch and baking soda until just combined.
- 4. Pour in your chocolate chunks and chips and mix them in by hand with a rubber spatula or spoon until they are evenly distributed. Chill dough for at least one hour.
- 5. If your skillet is not well seasoned, lightly grease it now.
- 6. Preheat your oven to 350°. Spread and press half of your chilled cookie dough in the bottom of your skillet. This does not have to be perfect,
- 7. Spead on a nice hearty layer of nutella.
- 8. Pour some caramel on top of the nutella layer.
- 9. Now, break up the rest of the cookie dough and place it on top of the filling. This also does not have to be perfect.
- 9. Place skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-22 minutes or until top starts to golden a bit and sides are set. Don't over bake! It will continue to cook as it cools in the hot skillet.
- 10. When done, remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes in skillet.
- 11. Drizzle some nutella ganache and caramel on top, cut out a piece and enjoy!!