This cake is so soft with a gooey pecan cinnamon swirl in the center! All of the flavors you love about a cinnamon roll, in a super easy cake!
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you KNOWWW of my love for cinnamon rolls. Or basically anything involving cinnamon. Ugh, love. I’m always trying new ways to make desserts taste like my beloved cinnamon rolls while making it much easier. For instance, my cinnamon chip scones and cinnamon roll donuts are some of the ways I’ve done that in the past. YUMMM-o.
This bundt cake is AMAZING, you guys. The gooey swirl in the center is my favorite part because each slice of cake is a little different! It’s so fun. Some have a large swirl and some have a thinner swirl. I just swirl like a crazy person and get it in the oven.
There are chopped pecans in the filling and it makes this cake even more delicious! To bring you this post, I am partnering with Diamond Nuts and they were nice enough to provide the nuts for me in this recipe. Their nuts are such amazing quality! If you are spending time making baked goods from scratch, you should definitely use quality ingredients when you can.
The part that makes this bundt cake reallllly taste like a cinnamon roll is the cream cheese glaze that gets drizzled on top! I think it really takes it to another level.
Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
*Cinnamon Swirl Filling*
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbs cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped Diamond of California pecans
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbs unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2-4 tbs cream or milk
- 2-3 tbs chopped Diamond of California pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan very well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together. Beat in butter until mixture is crumbly. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, vanilla, sour cream and milk. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour wet in. Beat batter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk filling ingredients together. Add half of batter to bundt pan and sprinkle filling on top. Swirl lightly with a knife. Add the rest of batter on top and swirl again, reaching down to the filling layer. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the enter comes out with a few moist crumbs. Do not over-bake! Upon removing cake from the oven, release the edges of the cake with a butter knife immediately. Allow cake to cool in pan for a few minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool until slightly warm to the touch.
- Whisk icing ingredients and drizzle on warm cake and sprinkle chopped pecans on top, optional.
- Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake will stay fresh for up to 5 days stored tightly in an airtight container at room temperature.
I am working with Diamond of California to bring you this recipe. As always, all opinions are my own!
Kimberly Stafford says
This looks delicious! On the butter – it says “3/4 unsalted butter” – is that 3/4 of a stick of butter? Can’t wait to try it!
Sorry, that was a typo in the recipe. You will need 3/4 cup of butter. Yes, the line on the stick of butter that reads 3/4 is what you will need.