These gooey s’mores hand pies are a fun take on a traditional s’more!
During the summer, I’m always looking for different things to do with my son to keep him busy. On rainy days our go-to is the movies. But, if we’re not feeling the movies that day, we bake! This specific rainy day we decided on making some fun little s’more hand pies together. It was so much fun – I love to get my son in the kitchen whenever I can!
To make these cute little hand pies, you’ll start with pie dough by my favorite brand, Wewalka. They’re dough is seriously the best, you can’t top the quality. These pies bake up perfectly golden brown with a little egg wash on top. The filling consists of just two ingredients, chopped semi-sweet chocolate and a dollop of marshmallow creme.
You’ll notice that the marshmallow creme does melt slightly, but the flavors are all still there in one obey gooey treat.
The graham cracker crumbs on top are the perfect finishing touch!
S’mores Hand Pies
- 1 Pkg Wewalka Pie Crust
- 1 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bar divided
- 4-8 Tbs marshmallow creme divided
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 graham cracker crushed
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Unroll the refrigerated Pie Crust Dough on the enclosed parchment paper. Using a 3" circle cutter, cut out 8 circles of dough. Top 4 of the circles with 1-2 tablespoons of marshmallow creme and a chocolate square. Brush egg white around the edges. Place the remaining circles on top of each bottom crust and pinch the seams together with a fork. Cut two vent holes on top of each handpie. Transfer the pies on the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Brush the remaining egg white on top of each pie. Immediately sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.