Happy Monday everyone! I have a delicious muffin recipe to wipe those Monday blues away! These muffins are absolutely perfect. So delicious fresh and perfect for summer! mornings! I made them Saturday morning and seriously you guys… I couldn’t stop eating them. I had 3 in a row and I still wanted more I had to contain myself because I have little to no self control when it comes to these muffins. Infused with lemon juice and loaded with chunks of sweet strawberries, I can’t think of a more delicious combination.
Lemon and strawberries go so perfectly together! The lemon flavor is subtle, but there and the sweetness of the strawberries gives the perfect balance of tart and sweet. PLUS, the crumble on top adds such a sweet, yummy crunch. I bet these muffins would be delicious with blueberries, also!
Oh yeah, absolutely do not skip the glaze at the end. It’s not an option, it’s completely necessary! It adds the perfect finishing touch and so much flavor to these muffins. They are just heavenly.
I don’t even know what else to say except… you need to make these as soon as possible!
Strawberry Lemon Crumb Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 7-8 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberries chopped small
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbs unsalted butter cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs + 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin tins with paper liners, set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisk very well for 30 seconds, set aside. Whisk oil and eggs together.Create a well in the middle of dry ingredients, pour in egg mixture as well as melted butter, yogurt and lemon juice. Stir gently until just combined. Fold in chopped strawberries.
- For the topping, combine flour and sugar together. Cut in butter with fingers until it resembles a very coarse crumb.
- Fill liners 3/4 of the way full then sprinkle tops with crumble. Don't be shy, add enough to reach the top of the rim. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful though, the strawberries get very soft and may look like wet batter but are not! Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Mix glaze ingredients together. Before serving, drizzle on warm muffins.
- Muffins will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 5 days.