Soft, thick, fudgy and deeply chocolate-y. Everything you’d hope for in a chocolate cookie!
One of my favorite kinds of cookies are chocolate cookies with chocolate chips. Whenever I go to a bakery or somewhere selling pastries, it’s always my first choice! (Second choice, brownie. Third choice, chocolate cupcake.. You get the picture. #chocolateaddict) The worst thing ever is getting a chocolate cookie that completely lacks chocolate flavor or is dry and crumbly. Yuck! These triple chocolate fudge cookies are neither of those things. What they are is deep, dark, chocolate heaven! I have a few recipes for chocolate cookies here on this blog, and while they are still great, this recipe blows them out of the water by far.
To create this recipe, I took my absolute favorite, favorite, favorite (did I say favorite?) chocolate chip cookie recipe and transformed it into these deeply chocolate-y amazing cookies. I subbed a bit of the flour (I just typed “flower”.. what?) for cocoa, added a bit of sugar to balance the sweetness and swapped out the vanilla pudding for dark chocolate pudding mix. OMG are these delicious! Just look at how deep the color is. Perfection!
Side note: These cookies were SO incredibly hard to photograph. They really do look glossy like that in real life so it was so hard editing them to look good in photos!
These cookies are everything I hoped for. Extremely soft, thick, fudgy and JAM packed with super chocolate flavor! I LOVE giant bakery cookies so these cookies are extra large. Feel free to scale back on the size a bit if you’d like.
If you are a chocolate freak like I am, you need to get your butt in the kitchen and make these as soon as possible!
Triple Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar or light
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbs granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz box dark chocolate pudding mix I used Hershey's
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips or any kind you'd like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine both sugars and melted butter and mix until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Stir in pudding mix. Pour in flour, cocoa baking soda and pinch of salt and stir until just incorporated. Don't over mix. Fold in chocolate chips (I reserve about 2 tbs to press into the tops of dough balls before baking) until evenly distributed.
- You may chill your dough for 30 minutes for thicker cookies (chilling is best for hot days). If not chilling, roll dough into 2 rounded tablespoons of dough and place 1 1/2-2 inches apart on baking sheets. If you reserved chocolate chips, press into the tops of cookie dough balls now. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. Cookies will be underdone but will set up when they cool and stay very soft. Allow them to cool on baking sheets for 7-10 minutes until able to be handled without breaking apart before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Triple chocolate fudge cookies will stay soft and fresh for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container.