For the Cupcake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Scrape vanilla bean and add to sugar. Mix around until separated and set aside.
3. Whip the butter until light and fluffy about 2 minutes.
4. Add in the vanilla sugar until fluffy.
5. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
6. Sift together all dry ingredients and add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
7. Mix in the sour scream and vanilla until combined.
8. Add milk then pour in the rest of the flour mixture and mix until smooth. Don't over mix!
9. Pour into your cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For the frosting:
1. Using the whisk attachment, beat the butter until very light and fluffy for about 4 minutes.
2. Add in half of the confectioner's sugar until incorporated.
3. Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add in the rest of the confectioner's sugar and whip the frosting until it is really fluffy.
*If you want a thinner frosting, add more heavy cream. Add less if you want a thicker frosting.