For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, which the eggs together until light and a little bit thick.
3. Add in the vanilla, oil, buttermilk and vinegar and beat until everything is incorporated.
4. Add in the red food coloring until you have desired color.
5. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix on low until combined and completely smooth.
6. Put your liners in your cupcake tins if you haven't done so already, and fill them until about 2/3 full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
8. Let cupcakes completely cool before frosting!
For the frosting:
1. Cream together the cream cheese and butter until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Add in the vanilla.
3. Turn your mixer on low and pour in your sifted sugar a little bit at a time until smooth.
4. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat frosting until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
5. If you want a thinner frosting, add a little bit of milk to thin out. I like mine exactly as the recipe calls for!