For the Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper, overlapping each side - this makes it much easier to pull out to cool and cut.
3. Take your butter, cocoa and sugar and put them in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until butter is melted.
4. Mix everything together until smooth. Batter will be very gritty but will smooth out once eggs are added.
5. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
6. Pour in the flour and mix until just combined. Then, mix some more until smooth and somewhat glossy. The batter will be very thick.
7. Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and smooth out.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out slightly moist with a little bit of batter left on it - this is what makes them fudgy!!
9. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then pull out using the parchment paper and set on counter to finish cooling completely.
--While brownies are baking, start preparing your cookie dough and drizzle!--
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
2. Add in vanilla and 3 tbs of milk and mix until combined.
3. Pour in your flour and mix until just combined. Dough may be a little sticky, but should thicken up after you add your chocolate chips. If it doesn't, add another tablespoon of milk and mix on low until it is smooth and pliable.
4. Add in the chocolate chips by hand until evenly distributed.
5. Once brownies are completely cooled, you can add your cookie dough layer.
6. Take big handfuls of the dough and smoosh on top of your brownies, pressing down to smooth it out where you want it.
1. Melt chocolate chips in microwave at 30 second intervals until you can mix them smooth. Be careful not to scorch!
2. Mix the shortening into the hot melted chocolate until completely smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a decorating bottle (or just use a spoon) and pour over your cookie dough layer.
4. Cut them up and enjoy!