Preheat oven to 325°. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
If making Homemade Caramel Sauce, do this step first.
1. Make your crust. Mix your flour, brown sugar and room temperature butter in a food processor until combined.
2. Gently press 1 level tablespoon of crust mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until the crusts begin to brown.
3. While that is baking, make your filling. Cream together cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until well combined.
4. Add in the cream and flour and mix until just incorporated. Don't over mix.
5. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until absolutely no lumps are seen and mixture is very silky and smooth. About 30 seconds.
6. Once crusts are removed from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes, then pour cheesecake filling over them, leaving about 1/4-1/2 inch of room from the top.
7. Pour 1 tsp (or more) of caramel sauce on top and swirl around with a toothpick to create marbled effect.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until center is slightly firm to touch and not very jiggly anymore (if the center is a little jiggly, that’s okay). Allow cheesecakes to cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. Remove liners and serve.