1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine half melted butter and brown sugar until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together pudding mix, flour, corn starch, cocoa and baking powder, set aside.
4. Add in the egg, yolk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
5. Pour in the dry ingredients slowly and mix until just combined.
6. Fold in your almond joy pieces and chocolate chips by hand until evenly distributed.
7. Chill your dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Dough may be very hard, but this will ensure that they will be nice and thick. Once you start working it with your fingers, it will soften up.
8. Roll dough into small balls, about 1 - 11/2 tbs each, and flatten with fingers. The way you shape your balls is pretty much how they will stay because they mostly keep their shape.
9. For presentation, add a few almond joy pieces to the outside of the balls so you can see them on the outside when they are done. (optional)
10. Once baking sheet is full, place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
11. When done, they may appear to be a bit under done, but they will firm up as they cool and be super fudgy,
12. Let them cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes then move to wire rack or counter to finish cooling.