These extremely flavorful asian chicken meatballs are covered in a spicy kung pao sauce for delicious spicy kick!
When I made these for he first time, I was not expecting the amount of deliciousness that is these little chicken meatballs. They waaaay exceeded my expectations! These asian-inspired meatballs have such a delicious depth of flavor with a little zing from the addition of a little ginger and crushed red pepper.
The star of the show here though is my simple secret to the extraordinary flavor of these meatballs.. the NEW P.F. Chang's® Home Menu sauces! They are absolutely delicious and help you to simplify Asian cuisine so you can skip the take-out and make tasty dishes in your own home! This Kung pao flavor is my favorite. Such a nice sweet and spicy kick!
- Ground chicken breast
- Soy sauce
- Ground ginger
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Seasoned panko
- P.F. Chang's® Home Menu Kung Pao sauce
How to make Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs:
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix them up with your hands distributing them all evenly.
- Scoop and roll them into about 17-18 little balls.
- Bake on a foil-lined greased baking sheet until cooked through completely.
- Take your hot meatballs and throw them into a bowl. Pour some of your P.F. Chang's® Kung Pao sauce over them and toss those little delicious nuggets in there until completely coated.
You can serve them in a big dish and scoop them out to serve or you can get all fancy and cute by adding a toothpick in each one and serve them on a platter for a fun appetizer!
If you make this recipe, I’d LOVE to know what you think below! I would so appreciate you leaving a star rating and/or comment. Also, please don’t forget to share a photo of your delicious finished recipe on Instagram or Facebook and give me a tag so I can see!
You may also enjoy these other delicious appetizer recipes
Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup seasoned panko
- ½ cup P.F. Chang's® Home Menu Kung Pao sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except for the sauce. Mix with hands until all ingredients are completely combined. Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons and roll into a ball with hands. Grease hands lightly with cooking spray before rolling for ease. Please each meatball on baking sheet about one inch apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Take hot meatballs and add to a large bowl. Pour sauce on top and toss to coat. Serve in bowl or place meatballs on a platter and stick a toothpick in the center of each one. Garnish with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper, if desired.
Marguerite Paull says
These recipes all look great. Thanks for posting them.
Thanks so much, Marguerite! <3