Crispy, crusty french bread gets filled with an extra cheesy, creamy and delicious spinach and artichoke dip.
Spinach and artichoke dip is my favorite thing to make for parties or get-togethers because it's always a crowd pleaser! I gave my favorite recipe a little upgrade by filling a loaf of Italian bread with it. You can use your favorite bread but I love to use a big crusty Italian loaf!
- Butter: Salted butter is used in this recipe
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Artichokes: I use a can of non-marinated artichoke hearts. Rinsed, drained & chopped.
- Chopped Spinach: You can use fresh or frozen. I always have frozen on hand, so I typically will use that. Thawed.
- Cheese: I love a mixture of freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese in my spinach dip. You can use any cheese you like.
- Bread: I use a big crusty Italian loaf but you can use your favorite kind of bread.
How to make the best Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Bread
- Prepare the spinach dip and stir together until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Next, you'll cut the top off of the bread and rip out some of the inside and thats where you'll pour the spinach dip. Pro tip: eat the fluffy inside.
- Top with the cheese and bake until lightly browned and bubbly.
Out comes a super gooey, cheesy, deliciously rich and creamy filling all wrapped in crusty bread! A million times, yes.
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Bread
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz sour cream
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 8.5 oz can artichokes non-marinated, rinsed, drained & chopped
- 8 oz chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups parmesan cheese freshly grated - DIVIDED
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese freshly grated - DIVIDED
- 1 large loaf of Italian bread - or your favorite kind of bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add cream cheese, sour cream, and salt. Stir frequently until mixture is creamy and smooth. At this point, add chopped spinach, artichokes 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese. Allow cheese to melt. Turn heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place your loaf of bread on prepared baking pan and cut a large rectangle out of the top of the bread. Pull the rectangle out, hollowing out the center to create a rectangular bread bowl. Pour the spinach dip inside the bread and sprinkle remaining ½ cup parmesan and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted, lightly brown and bubbly. Let the bread cool for 10 mins before cutting it into slices. Best served hot.
- You can prepare this ahead by making the spinach and artichoke dip the night before and store in the refrigerator. The next day, prepare the loaf of bread and spread the cold spinach dip into the bread, sprinkle the cheese on and bake as directed in the recipe.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.