Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies are a deliciously spiced, super easy treat that is perfect for gatherings.
Today I'm sharing a super simple recipe with you guys for the tastiest little snack - Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies! Muddy buddies are also referred to as puppy chow - not to be confused with actual puppy chow. These are not for dogs.. I feel like I have to clarify that because I had a reader yell at me once for feeding these to my dog. Clearly she didn't read the post. Anyways, moving on..
These pumpkin spice muddy buddies start with rice Chex cereal and are covered in a mixture of orange candy melts (you could just use the same amount of regular white chocolate if you'd like) with a little bit of pumpkin pie spice mixed in and then they are coated in a sugary, pumpkin pie spice mixture. I mixed in some cute little marshmallow creme pumpkins to make a perfect Fall/Halloween-themed snack. Perfect for any parties you have coming up!
This is pretty much the easiest snack to create in the history of snacks. Such a great way to get your kids in the kitchen and let me tell you, they are going to love this! All you need is 10 minutes from start to finish and you can create this tasty treat. I hope you enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
- 4 ½ cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 8 oz orange candy melts* 1 ½ cups measured
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice divided
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow creme pumpkins
- In a large bowl, measure out cereal and set aside.
- In a large ziploc bag, add powdered sugar and 2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Shake it around a little to incorporate.
- In another bowl, melt candy melts (or white chocolate) in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted and stir in 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Pour mixture over cereal and gently mix very well until all cereal is completely coated with the chocolate.
- Dump cereal mixture into the bag of spiced sugar, seal it up and shake vigorously until all of the cereal is thoroughly coated with the sugar mixture. You can go ahead and dump it in a bowl and enjoy right away, but I like to pour mine into a strainer and give it a little shake to remove the excess sugar. Add marshmallow creme pumpkins and serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.