Crunchy rice chex cereal is coated in cinnamon sugar for the easiest and most addicting snack ever created.
*This post was originally written and published on April 2, 2014. It is now one of the most popular recipes on my blog! I left the post as-is and updated with new photos.*
This cinnamon sugar chex mix is crunchy cinnamon goodness. Seriously, I can not keep my hands off of this stuff! I have such a love for absolutely anything and everything cinnamon sugar-related. The sweet cinnamon sugar combined with the buttery cereal is so amazing! TOTAL taste bud explosion. When I sent my boyfriend Mike a picture of this when I made it, he begged me to save him some for when he got home. One of his favorite cereals is Cinnamon Toast Crunch so his face totally lit up when he realized that these taste very similar to it! But these are 10x better because they're homemade. (LIGHT BULB: I wonder how these would be in milk?!)
This chex mix is so easy and will take you literally 5 minutes to make! So easy and so perfect for those last minute "omg! we're leaving soon and I don't have anything to bring!" moments. That sure happens to me a lot and this is sure to be a favorite where ever you go! The best part is, if you have the cereal, you most likely have everything else on hand too! Just 4 ingredients: rice chex cereal, butter, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
I'm telling you, once you get a bowl of this in front of you, you will not be able to stop snacking!
Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line a large baking sheet or plate with wax paper, parchment paper or paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, measure cereal and set aside. In another smaller bowl, measure cinnamon sugar, set aside.
- Melt butter. Pour over cereal and stir until all cereal is completely covered. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Add cinnamon sugar one half at a time stirring extremely well between each addition. Microwave whole mixture again for 1 minute. Pour on to prepared lined sheet and spread out to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.