Crunchy rice chex cereal is coated in cinnamon sugar for the easiest and most addicting snack ever created.
*This post was originally written and published on April 2, 2014. It is now one of the most popular recipes on my blog! I left the post as-is and updated with new photos.*
This cinnamon sugar chex mix is crunchy cinnamon goodness. Seriously, I can not keep my hands off of this stuff! I have such a love for absolutely anything and everything cinnamon sugar-related. The sweet cinnamon sugar combined with the buttery cereal is so amazing! TOTAL taste bud explosion.
This chex mix is so easy and will take you literally 5 minutes to make! So easy and so perfect for those last minute “omg! we’re leaving soon and I don’t have anything to bring!” moments. That sure happens to me a lot and this is sure to be a favorite where ever you go! The best part is, if you have the cereal, you most likely have everything else on hand too! Just 4 ingredients: rice chex cereal, butter, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
I’m telling you, once you get a bowl of this in front of you, you will not be able to stop snacking!
Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line a large baking sheet or plate with wax paper, parchment paper or paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, measure cereal and set aside. In another smaller bowl, measure cinnamon sugar, set aside.
- Melt butter. Pour over cereal and stir until all cereal is completely covered. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Add cinnamon sugar one half at a time stirring extremely well between each addition. Microwave whole mixture again for 1 minute. Pour on to prepared lined sheet and spread out to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.