This Strawberry margarita on the rocks recipe uses fresh strawberries for a fun, refreshing cocktail!
As the temperatures rise and summer is near, there's nothing quite like cooling off with a refreshing cocktail in hand. My go-to cocktail for sipping by the pool and summer entertaining is definitely a classic margarita but this strawberry version might just be my favorite! I love making a big batch of this homemade strawberry margarita recipe for friends and family to enjoy! These are always a big it!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Refreshing and so perfect for summer! You can serve it on the rocks which is what I usually do, or blend this recipe with some ice for frozen strawberry margaritas!
- So delicious and easy to make! The amazing flavor of the ripe strawberries really makes preparing the strawberry syrup worth it! Fresh and high quality ingredients are key to an amazing margarita!
To make perfect strawberry margarita, the quality of your ingredients is key
- Strawberries: Try to find strawberries that are as ripe as possible to infuse your margarita with natural sweetness.
- Tequila: Choose a high-quality blanco or silver tequila for a smooth and clean taste.
- Orange liqueur: A splash of orange liqueur, such as Triple sec or Cointreau, adds depth and complexity to the drink.
- Lime juice: Squeezing fresh lime juice will provide a zingy and refreshing flavor.
- Agave: Used for sweetener - you can also use simple syrup or honey to balance the flavors.
Substitutions & Variations
- Spicy Twist: Give your margarita a spicy kick by muddling a few slices of jalapeño or adding a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
- Frozen strawberry margarita: Blend the ingredients with ice until you achieve a slushy consistency that's sooo yummy!
- Salt or Sugar Rim: Experiment with rimming the glass with either salt or sugar.
- Virgin: To make a non-alcoholic version, leave out the alcohol and replace with some orange juice.
How to make a strawberry margarita
- Blend strawberries until they turn to liquid. Strain out seeds.
- To a cocktail shaker with ice, add all ingredients and shake until cold and combined. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Serve immediately over ice.
Make these strawberry margaritas for your next girls night or party! The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
Strawberries, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur and sweetener like agave.
More delicious drinks you'll love:
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Fresh Strawberry Margaritas
- 1 lb strawberries very ripe
- 1 cup tequila blanco or silver
- ⅓ cup orange liqueur Triple sec or Cointreau
- ⅓ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ¼-1/3 cup agave or to taste
- Place strawberries in a blender and blend until completely liquified, about 2-3 minutes. Pour mixture into a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl or measuring cup and strain the seeds (optional).
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add strawberry syrup, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and agave. Shake vigorously until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and dip it into a shallow plate of salt or sugar. Fill the glass with ice and pour the strawberry margarita mixture over the ice.
- Garnish with lime wedges and/or strawberry slices, if desired, and serve immediately.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.