Strawberry margaritas that use fresh strawberries for a fun, refreshing cocktail!
You guys, this is my first time sharing an alcoholic drink ever for the blog and it was so much fun. I'm not experienced in drink-making so I don't know how to make any fancy drinks, BUT I do know my way around a strawberry margarita! I first got turned onto strawberry margaritas when we went to dinner one night and I ordered one that was SO freaking delicious I knew I had to re-create it at home for when we have friends over and what not.. Or um, for myself.
The thing about alcohol and me, we're not really friends. Unless it's a sweet drink, I probably won't like it. These strawberry margaritas are the perfect balance. They're sweet but the alcohol shines through, they're perfect!
- Strawberries: Fresh and as ripe as possible.
- Triple sec
- Lime juice
- Agave: You can also use honey.
How to make a strawberry margarita
- Blend strawberries until they turn to liquid. Strain out seeds.
- To a cocktail shaker with ice, add all ingredients and shake until cold and combined. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Serve over.
Ripe strawberries are blended and strained to make the most beautiful, bright red strawberry sauce that gets mixed into the drinks. Ripe strawberries are needed for the best flavor and the right amount of sweetness but if they aren't as ripe, that's okay too. You'll just need more agave to sweeten it up a bit. Also, I recommend buying a bottle of lime juice or you'll be there foreverrrr squeezing a zillion limes.
Make these strawberry margaritas for your next girls night! The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Fresh Strawberry Margaritas
- 1 lb ripe strawberries
- 1 cup tequila
- ⅓ cup triple sec
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¼-1/3 cup agave or honey to taste
- Place strawberries in a blender and blend until completely liquified, about 2-3 minutes. Pour mixture into a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl or measuring cup and strain the seeds (optional).
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add strawberry syrup, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and agave. Shake vigorously until combined. Taste and adjust sweetener to your liking or if you'd like it a bit stronger, add more alcohol to taste.
Followed the recipe exactly. It was actually terrible. Almost like to much tequila....
Lady Di says
Loved this drink! Just back from strawberry picking and if you blend with ice and put some salt on the rim it's perfect!
Awesome!! Sounds amazing with super fresh strawberries!
The directions mention strawberry syrup but I don’t see it in the listing. How many ounces?
In the instructions is where you will find how to make the strawberry syrup for this recipe.