Blackberry lemonade is the epitome of summer in a glass! The tartness of freshly squeezed lemons pairs beautifully with the natural sweetness of ripe blackberries, offering a well-balanced and insanely satisfying drink that's perfect to sip poolside!
This homemade lemonade is so refreshing and perfect for sipping on a hot day! It’s the perfect mix of tart and sweet with the most gorgeous color. Adjust the amount of sweetness by adding more or less sugar and to adjust how strong the tart flavor comes through you can add more or less water. water if you prefer your lemonade weaker or stronger.
Need more lemonade ideas? Try my homemade blueberry lemonade!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Refreshing: This blackberry lemonade is perfect for a hot summer day.
- Easy to make: Homemade lemonade is so easy to make at home in just a few minutes!
- For an adult beverage, spike with vodka!
- Fresh blackberries
- Granulated sugar
- Lemons: Use fresh Lemons please!
- Granulated sugar
Substitutions & Variations
- To make the lemonade even more visually appealing, freeze blackberries and lemon slices into ice cubes and add them to the pitcher.
- Instead of blackberries, you can make this recipe with raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.
How to make homemade lemonade
- Prepare blackberry syrup.
- Squeeze lemons and add to a large pitcher. Add water and blackberry syrup.
- Prepare simple syrup and add a little bit at a time to sweeten your blackberry lemonade.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Experiment with the sweetness level to find your preferred balance of tart and sweet.
Add a few fresh blackberries into each glass for a burst of color and a little surprise at the end.
Add thin slices of lemon to each glass for an extra pop of citrus.
For an elegant touch, garnish with sprigs of mint leaves that add a hint of freshness.
More recipes you'll enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 10 large lemons 2 cups of juice
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
For the blackberry syrup
- In a medium-size saucepan on medium-low heat, stir blackberries and sugar together and allow the berries to cook down and start releasing their juices, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Once blackberries have released lots of liquid, mash them down and cook for another 5 minutes. Mash one last time and then strain syrup into a large measuring cup and set aside to cool down completely. You may speed up this process by placing it into the refrigerator.
For the lemonade
- Squeeze all lemons into a large measuring cup or bowl. You should wind up with about 2 cups of juice. Pour lemon juice and water into a large pitcher along with blackberry syrup and stir.
For simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, whisk sugar and water together on medium-low heat until all sugar is dissolved. Gradually add the simple syrup to your blackberry lemonade until it is sweetened to your liking. Serve over ice with additional blackberries and lemon slices for garnish.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.