A spicy gingersnap crust is filled with a super creamy, flavorful eggnog filling. This delicious no-bake eggnog pie is perfect for the Holidays!
If you read my last post, you know a little bit about why I have been absent from the blog and all social media for a little while. It's been so hard to get myself back into the kitchen but I'm trying. Today, I bring you one of the most delicious pies I've ever made. The crust is made up of gingersnap cookies, melted butter, brown sugar and nutmeg. The spiciness of the gingersnap cookies goes SO perfectly with the eggnog/nutmeg combo.
At first, I tried refrigerating the pie overnight. The next day, when I took it out of the refrigerator , I didn't like the consistency of the pie. It wasn't nearly firm enough to cut. Freezing he pie until firm is what does the trick for this pie. You'll freeze the pie and allow it to sit out for a few minutes to soften, then slice it up. It's perfect!
The pie gets topped with some Reddi-wip and everything gets a light dusting of nutmeg to finish it off. As for most of my no-bake pies, I will always top them with little dollops of Reddi-wip because it is easy, delicious and convenient.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Spiced Eggnog No-Bake Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Eggnog Pie Filling
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
- 5.1 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 ½ cups eggnog
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 6 tbs unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a food processor, pulse cookies into a fine crumb. Add melted butter, brown sugar and nutmeg. Pulse until combined. Press into a 9" pie plate and flatten to form a crust on the bottom and up the sides.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk vanilla pudding mix and eggnog together. Whisk in whipped cream until mixture is smooth. Pour on top of gingersnap crust.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and freeze for 4-5 hours. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow to soften for at least 10 minutes before serving. Don't wait too long or the pie will get too soft to cut into clean slices.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.