The softest bread filled with warm spices, tender apples and topped with a sweet streusel topping.
Scroll Down JUST before the recipe for a video showing you how to make this Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bread step-by-step!
It's apple season, everyone! We went apple picking two weekends ago and we had such a blast! We got way too many apples and I ate more apple cider donuts than I should have. Is there ever a time when there are too many freshly fried, cinnamon sugar-coated apple cider donuts? Gimmmeeeee. I will add some photostat the end of the post but before I do, let's talk about this apple cinnamon streusel bread. OMG. Holy soft and delicious. This bread is moist, tender, flavorful and so, so, sooooo good. It's chock full of warm fuzzy spices and you get tender, sweet apples in every bite!
This bread has three parts: batter + cinnamon sugar filling + streusel topping. The batter comes together in one bowl, and the streusel gets mixed up real quick in another bowl. The cinnamon sugar is simply stirred together and is sandwiched between layers of batter and the streusel is sprinkled on top. Ohhh, how I love cinnamon sugar. I'd like to coat everything I make in it, please.
For those who want to see some apple picking photos, scroll down below the recipe. <3
Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bread
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs granulated sugar
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs unsalted butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan very well.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar and spices. Make a well in the center and add eggs, vanilla, applesauce, oil and milk. Beat until combined. Fold in chopped apples by hand.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar for the filling. In another bowl, whisk oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until evenly distributed.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle streusel topping on top in an even layer.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out only with a few moist crumbs. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to finish cooling.