This is the perfect recipe for a crazy delicious guacamole made in a small batch.
Cinco De Mayo is tomorrow and ya know what that means? An excessive amount of guacamole is totally necessary to complete the day's festivities. Also, maybe some margs, tacos, enchiladas (fav), queso... you get it. Mexican food is just way too good. My favorite though, is guacamole! This simple, crazy easy guacamole for two is perfect if you are having a quiet night in, which is probably what we'll be doing on Cinco De Mayo. Orrrr, if you just want a healthy snack, or in my case.. lunch. Really though, you can probably eat the whole thing yourself so if you're anything like me, you won't want to share. This dip is super creamy, and so, so, soooo flavorful.
Five simple ingredients are all you need to make this crazy delicious dip. Avocado, onion, tomato, garlic and a lime. All of these ingredients combined creates the most amazing guac ever.
Want to know the coolest tip EVER? Did you know that is you place the pit of an avocado in the center of your dip, it will dramatically slow down the browning process? Mind = blown by this because it actually works! Maybe everyone already knows this and I'm just way out of the loop on this one, but I thought it's pretty cool. Also, another tip: These MUST be served with lime-flavored tortilla chips. I normally hate that flavor, but it goes SO well with the flavors of the guacamole.
You can triple the ingredients to make a full dip if you are serving more people, for a party, etc., but sometimes when the guac craving attacks are in full force, you just need a small batch recipe for curb those cravings. 😉
Easy Guacamole For Two
- 1 avocado mashed
- ¼ cup red onion diced small
- ¼ cherry tomatoes diced small (about 5-6)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- juice of ½ lime or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up onion, tomatoes and mince the garlic. In a small bowl, mash avocado well. Fold in onions, tomatoes and garlic. Stir in lime juice. Serve with chips.
- Quick tip: Save the pit from the avocado and place it in the center of your dip. It will slow down the browning process of the guacamole!
- Easy Guacamole For Two will start browning after a few hours but will still taste great and fresh for up to two days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.