This is the absolute best small batch easy guacamole recipe as it uses only a few fresh ingredients and only takes 5 minutes to make!
This simple, crazy easy guacamole for two is perfect if you are having a quiet night in or if you just want a healthier snack. Really though, you can probably eat the whole thing yourself so if you're anything like me, you won't want to share. This dip is super creamy and flavorful. chips and guacamole
Why you'll love this recipe
- This easy guacamole only takes 5 minutes to make!
- There only a few ingredients needed for an authentic guacamole recipe.
- Homemade guacamole is not only good for you but tastes amazing!
All you need is a few fresh ingredients to make this delicious guacamole recipe.
- Avocado: Be sure your avocados are nice and ripe so they mash well.
- Onion: Red onion has the best flavor, in my opinion. If you don't like red onion, you can substitute a yellow onion for a more mild flavor.
- Tomato: I like to use Roma tomatoes in my guacamole but I have used cherry tomatoes in a pinch.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic is best.
- Lime: Freshly squeezed lime. To be honest, I have used bottled lime juice in a pinch before and it comes out fine but definitely not as fresh tasting and not recommended!
- Salt & pepper: Season to taste.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Substituations & Variations
- Kick it up a notch and add a diced jalapeño. Leave the seeds for an extra spicy kick.
- Add fresh diced mango for a sweet touch.
- Add a dash of hot sauce for a slight spicy kick.
Tips for the BEST guacamole
Be sure your avocados are ripe! Ripe avocados are soft and easy to mash.
Try not to over-mash the avocados. The consistency should be creamy, but too smooth (unless you like it that way!).
Add all other ingredients to taste. There are so many ways to change up this easy guacamole. Find my recommendations above!
Serve guacamole immediately. Guacamole will start to brown if it sits out for too long. See my tip to slow browning below!
*You can double or even triple the ingredients to make a full dip if you are serving more people!*
How to make the best guacamole
Step 1: Mash avocados to desired consistency.
Step 2: Add all ingredients to a bowl.
Step 3: Stir very well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Did you know that is you place the pit of an avocado in the center of your dip when you serve or store it, it will dramatically slow down the browning process? Mind = blown by this because it actually works.
Store this easy guacamole in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 1-2 days. Place the pit in the center of guacamole to maintain freshness for longer. Keep in mind guacamole will start to brown very quickly.
I don't recommend freezing guacamole. The texture and freshness just won't be the same. Besides, it only takes 5 minutes to make!
If you press into the avocado and it gives slightly, this likely means it is ripe and ready to eat. If it leave a small indentation, this means the avocado is a little too ripe but is perfect for mashing - like for this recipe! You can tell that an avocado is overripe if it feels mushy and pressing into it leaves a deep indent.
Run a knife around the avocado from top to bottom and twist and pull until it pulls apart. Pull out the pit and save for keeping your guacamole fresh while storing! Peel away and remove the flesh of the avocado. Now you can continue with your recipe and use your avocados as desired.
More dip recipes you'll love
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Small Batch Easy Guacamole
- 2 avocados mashed
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lime juiced, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mash avocados well. Fold in onions, tomatoes and garlic. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.