This Easy Bruschetta Recipe is one of our favorite go-to summer recipes! Made with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and olive oil served on top of garlic-rubbed toasted crusty bread. You just cannot go wrong with this simple and delicious appetizer recipe!
Imagine biting into a perfectly toasted slice of crusty bread, topped with juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Each bite is just bursting with delicious, robust flavor! Making bruschetta is one of my favorites for when we have company over. It's just so easy to whip up before guests arrive and it looks like you spent a lot of time preparing it!
Try my favorite guacamole recipe for another delicious and easy dip!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Everyone always asks for this easy homemade bruschetta recipe!
- Bruschetta is such a fresh and delicious way to use up perfectly ripe tomatoes.
- Tomatoes: I like to use Beefsteak tomatoes for their robust flavor. Roma tomatoes work well too.
- Fresh basil: Fresh basil produces superior results for this recipe.
- Parmesan cheese: freshly grate your parmesan.
- Olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is best. Used in bruschetta dip and brushed on top of baguette slices before toasting.
- Fresh garlic: Minced garlic will go into bruschetta and whole garlic cloves will be rubbed on top of freshly toasted bread to flavor them and then discarded.
- Salt & pepper: Season to taste.
- French bread: Or you can use any kind of thin-sliced crusty bread.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Substitutions & Variations
- Add a diced red onion for a more robust flavor.
- Before serving, top with a balsamic glaze for a really delicious treat. Just like this caprese flatbread.
How to make Easy Bruschetta
Step 1: Add all bruschetta ingredients to a large bowl.
Step 2: Stir well to combine.
Step 3: Preheat oven and place french bread slices on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
Step 4: Immediately out of the oven, rub the tops of the bread slices with garlic cloves. Top warm bread with fresh bruschetta and serve immediately.
Toast the bread just before serving to ensure your bread will not be too hard or stale when it comes time to serve the bruschetta.
How to Serve Bruschetta
- Serve this easy tomato salad and baguette slices separately so everyone can serve themselves.
- Top toasted baguette slices with fresh bruschetta and serve together.
- Think outside of the box and use this recipe as an ingredient in bruschetta pasta or make a bruschetta pizza! You can even top some baked chicken with this and make some bruschetta chicken.
Sure! It will actually be more flavorful the more you allow the flavors to sit together. Make up to 1 day in advance for best fresh flavor and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Store leftovers for up to 3 days.
Any crusty bread sliced thin will do! My favorite bread to use is a baguette or any crusty Italian bread.
More dip recipes you'll love
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- 2 lb beefsteak tomatoes* de-seeded and diced
- 3 tbs fresh basil chopped fine
- 3 tbs parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette cut into ½ inch slices
- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 whole garlic cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all bruschetta ingredients and stir together. All ingredients can be adjusted to personal taste. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place french bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately out of the oven, rub the tops of the bread slices with garlic cloves a few times. Allow to cool and serve with bruschetta.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.