A delicious, homemade bruschetta recipe that is perfect for parties, get-togethers or just a yummy snack! #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
I have a question for you guys. Do you think it's weird that I loathe tomatoes on their own (how people can just pop those little cherry tomatoes in their mouth grosses me out to no end), but LOVE bruschetta and having them on my sandwiches? I think its the weirdest thing but you guys know I'm weird already so it's fine. Anyways, this BRUSCHETTA is different from the rest. Why, you ask? I added a bit of TABASCO® Sauce in there to really enhance the flavor.
I used the most mild of the sauces, the green sauce, in this recipe specifically for making the flavors more bold, not to add spice without overpowering the bruschetta. Green Sauce is made with Jalapeño peppers, for flavor that’s not too spicy and not too mild. It's just perfect! It's the TABASCO® Sauce flavor with the lowest Scoville Heat Units. TABASCO® Sauce is the one sauce that can be found anywhere in the world, adding flavor to virtually any type of dish you make! I <3 it so much and pretty much put it on everything I can get away with.
To make this recipe, you'll need to de-seed and scoop out the insides of your tomatoes. Dice them up and put them in your bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir it all up. This bruschetta can be made and served immediately, but I find the best flavor is when I make it a few hours ahead of time and store it in the fridge. This allows the flavors to really come together nicely, making it much more flavorful in the long run.
- 2 lb Roma tomatoes de-seeded and diced
- 3 tbs fresh basil chopped fine
- 3 tbs parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs TABASCO® Green Sauce
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French bread sliced
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all bruschetta ingredients and stir together. All ingredients can be adjusted to personal taste. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place french bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately out of the oven, rub the tops of the bread slices with garlic cloves a few times. Allow to cool and serve with bruschetta.
You can find TABASCO® in the condiment section of your local Walmart store.