These No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars are the easiest treat to make and taste just like a peanut butter cup! Perfect for a last minute dessert or if it’s too hot out to turn on the oven.
*Originally posted on 10/10/14 – I have now updated this post with new photos + a VIDEO! I show you exactly how to make these No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars step-by-step! Scroll down just before the recipe to view.*
Ohhh, chocolate and peanut butter. The most tried and true combination that is sure to please just about everybody. I have surely grown to love peanut butter because of Mike's love for it. Give him anything chocolate & peanut butter and he will be your best friend for life. These peanut butter bars could quite possibly be the easiest treat ever. They whip up in minutes and are extremely simple to make, with ingredients you probably already have on hand. Even simple enough that a young child can probably make them by themselves! (With supervision, of course.)
These bars replicate peanut butter cups to a T and I think Mike died and went to heaven when he tried one of them. I can always count on the trusty chocolate and peanut butter combo to satisfy him. It's a no-brainer that anything I make with those two flavors he'll love! Like his birthday cake and these peanut butter frosted brownies. YUM.
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
*Peanut Butter Bars*
- 13 graham crackers about 2 cups, finely crushed
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers to a fine crumb. Add melted butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter very well and pulse until thoroughly combined. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In the microwave or on the stove top, melt chocolate chips with peanut butter until completely smooth. If using the microwave, use 30 second increments to ensure the chocolate doesn't scorch. Spread chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter layer until completely smooth. Allow bars to set in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- These peanut butter cup bars will keep for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.