These chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are just the cookie fix you're looking for! Soft, chewy and chock full of chocolate. And no dough chilling required!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WithLoveFromHallmark #CollectiveBias #ad
Valentine's Day is almost here you guys! It's honestly one of my favorite holidays of the year. I think you should spread love and happiness to those around you everyday, but Valentine's Day you can really put yourself out there and make it special. I love making a special Valentine's Day for my son! One of our favorite traditions is baking Valentine's Day inspired treats.
These Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are just perfect to make with kids! They're much easier to make than regular chocolate chip cookies because there’s no need to roll the dough into tedious balls or chill before baking. You'll just prepare the dough together, fold in the mix-ins and press it into a pan. Easy peasy and the kids will love helping out in the process.
Hover over the image above to shop for Hallmark Cards at Walmart
One of my favorite things about Valentine's Day or any holiday in general, is giving and receiving cards. I will typically shop at my local Walmart because I love the selection of Signature and Paper Wonder Hallmark Greeting Cards they have available. The photo above shows you the cards I chose! Hallmark has all the cards you need for Valentine's Day and you can find great prices and selection at Walmart. Find exclusive Paper Wonder designs this Valentine's Day from Hallmark at Walmart. Each pop-up Paper Wonder Card folds out to become a displayable valentine! As you can see below, they're so awesome!
Be sure to check out these awesome offers when shopping for Hallmark Cards at Walmart:
- In-aisle coupon:
- Get $2 off a purchase of 3 Hallmark Cards
- Offer available through 2/15/19 or while supplies last.
- Ibotta offer:
- Earn $1 off a card purchase of $2.97 or more.
- Offer available through 2/17/19 or while supplies last.
- In-aisle plush offer:
- Get $3 off a plush item with the purchase of 3 Hallmark Cards
- Offer available through 2/14/19 or while supplies last.
How adorable is that?! I just love it.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper or spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and melted butter and mix until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Pour in pudding mix, flour, baking soda and pinch of salt and stir until just incorporated. Don't over mix. Fold in chocolate chips and M&M's by hand until evenly distributed.
- Press dough into prepared pan until even and level. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges and center just start to golden slightly. It may look underdone in the middle, but it will set up when it cools and stay extra soft. Allow cookie bars to cool for 20 mins in pan, then remove to a wire rack to finish. Cut into bars and serve.
- Cookie cake will stay soft and fresh for up to one week stored in an airtight container.
I hope you guys enjoy these cookie bars!