These M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are just the warm and gooey cookie fix you're looking for! Soft, chewy and chock full of chocolate. No dough chilling required!
Valentine's Day is almost here you guys! I think you should spread love and happiness to those around you everyday, but Valentine's Day you can really put yourself out there and make it special. I love making a special Valentine's Day for my husband and kids! One of our favorite traditions is baking Valentine's Day inspired treats. Enter: these M&m Cookie Bars! These easy chocolate chip cookie bars come together in minutes and are the perfect simple recipe to have your kids help you in the kitchen.
Need more cookie bar recipes? Try my salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars or homemade tagalongs cookie bars. For traditional cookies, make some chocolate chip cookies. Or maybe even try a chocolate chip cookie cake!
Why you'll love this recipe
- These cookie bars are perfect for adding any mix-in or leftover candy!
- EASY recipe: Comes together so quickly and no chilling of the dough is required so they are on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- Unsalted butter melted
- Light brown sugar packed
- Instant vanilla pudding mix: You will just be using the powder - not preparing the pudding.
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Substitutions & Variations
- Chips: Instead of regular chocolate chips, you can use white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips for a different flavor twist.
- M&M's: If you don't have M&M's on hand, you can substitute with other candies like Reese's Pieces or chopped candy bars.
Room temperature: Cookie bars will stay soft and fresh for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freezing instructions: Wrap baked cookie bars in a layer of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. Place into a resealable container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
More recipes you'll enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix just the powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper or spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and melted butter and mix until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Pour in pudding mix, flour, baking soda and pinch of salt and stir until just incorporated. Don't over mix. Fold in chocolate chips and M&M's by hand until evenly distributed.
- Press dough into prepared pan until even and level. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges and center just start to golden slightly. It will look underdone in the middle, but it will set up when it cools and stay extra soft. Allow cookie bars to cool for 20 mins in pan, then remove to a wire rack to finish. Cut into bars and serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.