This Butter Pound Cake has such a wonderful velvety texture and is loaded with rich and buttery vanilla flavor. This will be your HOLY GRAIL recipe for buttery pound cake. It practically melts in your mouth!
If you've been searching for the perfect butter pound cake recipe, look no further. This butter pound cake is one of my favorite cakes I've ever made! It's buttery, rich and has the most perfect soft texture with a light crumb but is so moist and dense like a good pound cake should be.
You know those desserts you make and you have a little sliver here.. a little sliver there and before you know it you ate practically half of it? This cream cheese pound cake is one of those desserts. All of those calories are so worth it though.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- BUTTERY Flavor: Butter is not only a key ingredient in pound cakes for flavor but also for moisture. And delicious buttery flavor!
- Delicious for trifles: I have made this pound cake countless times for many different trifle dessert variations and it holds up excellent layered with whipped cream! Make a berry trifle by layering cubed pound cake with layers of fresh whipped cream and berries for a tasty treat!
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat, block cream cheese for this recipe. I haven't tested it with anything else.
- Unsalted butter: Make sure your butter is room temperature for best results.
- Eggs: Room temperature eggs are important
- Cake flour: Using cake flour contributes to this pound cakes ultra-soft velvety texture! Measure 1 cup of all-purpose flour, remove 2 tablespoons of flour and then replace with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Vanilla extract: Adds light and rich vanilla flavor.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Substitutions & Variations
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries on the side.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you change any ingredients, I'd love to hear how it turned out in the comments below!
Room temperature ingredients are important. The best way to get room temperature butter, eggs or cream cheese? Pull them out of the refrigerator one hour before they’re needed.
How to Make Cake Flour From All-Purpose Flour
Realize half way through a recipe that cake flour is needed or just don't feel like buying cake flour? Follow this easy cake flour recipe to make it at home:
Start by measuring out 1 cup of all-purpose flour into a bowl and scoop out 2 tablespoons. Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into the flour and mix well. That's it! Making cake flour is super easy.
Sure! Make this cake up to 2 days in advance. Pound cakes are even better the next day! I always make mine the day before I need it.
More Recipes You'll Love
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Butter Pound Cake
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour*
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Grease and flour a bundt pan very well, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth with no lumps. Pour sugar slowly into running mixer in a steady stream and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time beating very well after each addition, at least one minute per egg. This step is crucial for the best texture. Add vanilla. Incorporate flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and place into cold oven. Turn oven to 300 degrees and bake for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cake is done, release the edges with a butter knife. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.