These creamy mini Oreo cheesecakes with dark chocolate whipped cream are chock full of Oreos with an Oreo crust and topped with homemade whipped cream!
These are probably my new favorite thing to make. While I do love making traditional cheesecakes in springform pans and the whole shebang, but I used to freak out with anticipation, wondering if my cheesecake was going to crack and come out correctly. Sometimes it's just not worth the anxiety, ha ha! Not to mention the time it takes to prep, bake and cool the cheesecake - it's pretty much a whole day affair, most of the time spent waiting. I have since perfected my cheesecake technique, but mini desserts are so much more fun. No time commitment required and they're pretty much fail-proof. Plus, if they do crack a bit on top, just cover it up with some whipped cream, nobody will ever know the difference! 🙂
They are so cute and fun for get-togethers, parties or anything you just need a quick dessert. Oreos + cheesecake together are one of my favorite things ever. Topped with some homemade DARK chocolate whipped cream.. I'm sold!
To make this recipe, you'll begin by preparing an Oreo crust. Nothing too crazy here, just pulse some Oreos and a little melted butter and pack about one tablespoon into each cupcake liner in your lined cupcake pan. There is no need to bake the crust. For the filling, I used my favorite cheesecake recipe and just scaled it down a bit to make exactly 12 mini cheesecakes.
The dark chocolate whipped cream, to me, makes the whole thing! I used dark cocoa powder in my whipped cream but if you don't have it on hand, you can use regular cocoa powder. The dark is my favorite, though! It adds the perfect chocolate-y touch to these little cheesecakes.
After baking for about 15 minutes, you'll allow them to cool in the warm oven with the door ajar slightly for about 20 minutes, this prevents cracking. When you expose the hot cheesecakes to cool air right away, it causes them to crack. When they're done cooling, they'll need to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours to get nice and cold. Once the cheesecakes have been cooled, you'll whip up the dark chocolate whipped cream and pipe it on.
These mini Oreo cheesecakes are the perfect make-ahead dessert. They can be easily prepared the night before and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes with Dark Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 15 oreos
- 4 tbs unsalted butter melted
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 8 crushed Oreos reserve ¼ cup
*Dark Chocolate Whipped Cream*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs dark cocoa powder
- 4 tbs powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until fine. Add butter and pulse until combined. Distribute 1 tbs of Oreo mixture into each muffin liner. Press down with ¼ cup or ⅓ cup measuring cup for ease.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream, vanilla and eggs and beat until fully combined. Fold in crushed Oreos by hand. Distribute 2 -3 tbs of cheesecake mixture into prepared cupcake liners. You want it to almost reach the top of the liners. Sprinkle reserved crushed Oreos on top. Bake for 15 minutes or until the centers are just slightly jiggly. When done, turn oven off and open door slightly and allow cheesecakes to cool in the warm oven for 20 minutes. This will prevent cracking. After 20 minutes, place in the refrigerator and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, prepare dark chocolate whipped cream. Beat heavy cream until thickened. Add vanilla extract. Add dark cocoa powder and powdered sugar and beat until fully combined. Pipe onto chilled cheesecakes.