The addition of Oreos in this Cookies and Cream hot chocolate is an absolute game changer. You won‘t want to drink hot chocolate any other way again! This drink is rich, creamy and insanely delicious.
Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate.. AKA the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had. Creamy hot chocolate with the addition of crushed Oreos is as amazing as it sounds.
- Milk: I use whole milk in this recipe but you can replace with one cup 2% + one cup heavy cream. You can also just use 2% with great results!
- Hot cocoa mix: homemade or store-bought
- Oreo cookies
- Whipped Cream: optional
How to make Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate
- In a small saucepan, heat milk until very hot but not boiling or use the microwave.
- Add hot milk (CAREFULLY), oreos and hot chocolate mix to blender and pulse until cookies are completely ground.
- Pour into two mugs and garnish as desired before serving imediately.
I use my homemade hot cocoa powder for this recipe but you can easily substitute the same amount of store bought. I recommend making the homemade mix, though. It’s so delicious and you’ll always have it on hand for hot chocolate emergencies. 🙂
Cuddle up on the couch and enjoy a mug of this good stuff!
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! You absolutely can double this recipe.
Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate
The addition of Oreos in this Cookies and Cream hot chocolate is an absolute game changer. You won't want to drink hot chocolate any other way again! This drink is rich, creamy and insanely delicious.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix homemade or store-bought
- 6 Oreo cookies
- whipped cream for garnish optional
- additional crushed oreos for garnish optional
- In a small saucepan, heat milk until very hot but not boiling. Alternately, you can heat the milk in the microwave.
- In the pitcher of your blender, add hot milk (CAREFULLY), oreos and hot chocolate mix. Pulse until cookies are completely ground and there are no large pieces.
- Pour into two mugs and garnish with whipped cream and additional crushed cookies, if desired.
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate is best served immediately.
- If you do not have a food processor: Heat milk and cocoa mix together in the first step and whisk well until dissolved and creamy. Crush oreos very finely in a resealable bag and whisk crumbs into mixture allowing them to soften and dissolve slightly. Serve as directed in recipe.
- If you do not have whole milk, try using one cup 2% + one cup heavy cream. You can also just use 2% with great results.
Mariah @ Mariah's Pleasing Plates says
Who doesn’t love a cup of hot chocolate? And this cookies and cream version looks amazing! =)
Thanks Mariah! This hot chocolate is by far the best I’ve ever had.. I mean, can you ever go wrong when Oreos are involved? 🙂
laura fagan says
Thanks for posting. I love everything cookies and cream. Can’t wait to try it!
How it will taste if I replace coffee in place of coco
Can I use coffee in place of Coco
TV Wall Mount Service In Hyderabad says
thank you for sharing this. ▲
Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate I love it..