This Creamy Toasted S'mores Chocolate Ice Cream captures the essence of a campfire favorite in every spoonful. Imagine the irresistible combination of rich and creamy chocolate ice cream, gooey marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers with chunks of chocolate transformed into a luscious ice cream that will transport you back to cozy evenings around the campfire.
Not many s'mores ice cream recipes use chocolate ice cream for the base so I decided to create my own version. I used my favorite custard base ice cream recipe and tweaked it from there. Toasted marshmallows are blended right in with the ice cream mix before it gets chilled to go into the ice cream maker for extra delicious marshmallow flavor! The toasted marshmallow taste is subtle but it makes the chocolate ice cream super velvety and smooth and gives it a lightness and creaminess it otherwise wouldn't have without them.
Why you'll love this recipe
- S'MORES ice cream - need I say more?
- Creamy chocolate ice cream infused with roasted marshmallows is creates a velvety smooth and insanely delicious ice cream.
- Whole milk
- Egg yolks
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Large marshmallows
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Marshmallows: Cut into quarters OR 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers: Crushed into small pieces
- Chocolate candy bars: Chopped small
See my in-depth instructions below for how to make ice cream in the ice cream maker.
More ice cream recipes you'll love
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Creamy Toasted S’mores Chocolate Ice Cream
S'mores Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag large marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12-15 large marshmallows cut into quarters OR 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 graham crackers crushed into small pieces
- 2 regular size milk chocolate Hershey bars chopped small
- Heat milk, sugar and salt in a small saucepan to a simmer. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks lightly. Pour hot milk mixture slowly into the egg yolks, whisking rapidly to prevent scrambling until all of milk mixture is combined. Pour egg/milk mixture back into saucepan and heat on LOW until thickened (it should coat the back of a wooden spoon). Be sure to whisk frequently to prevent scorching and scrambling of the eggs. Remove from heat once thickened.
- Pour in chocolate chips and stir until completely melted. Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth. Pour mixture into blender and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and turn oven on to broil. Place all marshmallows onto lined baking sheet (if they don't all fit, do this step in 2 batches) and toast them for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until lightly browned. Be sure to watch them, they'll burn fast. Once done, pick them up with tongs and place into blender with the ice cream mixture. Pulse until everything is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let it chill for 2 hours in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer to speed it up.
- Once completely chilled, whisk to make sure everything is smooth. The mixture should be slightly thick. At this point, whisk in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Once it is done churning, fold in chopped graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows by hand.
- Scoop mixture into container of choice and cover tightly. Place in freezer and freeze for 3-4 hours until ice cream is firm and scoop-able.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.