It's safe to say that I'm just a tad obsessed with pumpkin bread. Or anything with the word pumpkin in it for that matter. Pumpkin bread is perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. 😉 I mean, can anything be more delicious during the Fall than having pumpkin bread with your coffee for breakfast? For me, I think not! Claiming that my pumpkin bread is the "best" is quite a claim, but try it out for yourself and I'm 100% positive you'll agree! It's incredibly moist, perfectly spiced and packed with tons of pumpkin flavor. I made sure to add quite a bit of pumpkin for obvious reasons like flavor but also to make the bread super moist, in which it definitely delivered!
Pumpkin bread is just like banana bread. It tastes infinitely better a few hours later or even better the next day. If I'm serving this to guests on the same day, I always make it at least 8 hours before or most of the time (if I remember), the night before. It is extremely yummy right out of the oven obviously, but if you give the flavors a chance to meld together for a few hours, you will have an even more flavorful, moist pumpkin bread! It's chock full of my favorite fall spices: cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Plus, I used more brown sugar than granulated sugar to make the flavor even richer. There's not a dry crumb in this bread - absolute perfection!
Can we talk about the glaze for a second? Ahhhh, I just want to drink it. It's SO good. It's the same glaze I use on my banana bread and it's my favorite! Can anything be bad though with ingredients like brown sugar, butter and heavy cream? I don't think you can ever go wrong. You can omit it but.. why would you ever?
I have made this bread multiple times, it's a no-fail recipe. Just mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl, pour into am greased pan and bake! Super quick and easy and you'll have the most delicious pumpkin bread ever in just over an hour from start to finish. Everytime I've made it, I get massive amounts of rave reviews. The other day when I made it, I got texts from mike's mother late that night freaking out over it and then freaking out on me because she swore she wasn't going to have any since she's trying to eat better. Haha! #sorrynotsorry.
This pumpkin bread is good stuff. You need it in your life like, now.
The Best Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- pinch salt
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbs whole milk
- 2 eggs
*Brown Sugar Glaze*
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For best results, place oven rack to lower third position to prevent the top from browning too much. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan very well and dust lightly with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently whisk flour, baking soda, both sugars and spices together until combined. Create a well in the center and add oil, pumpkin, milk and eggs. Beat by hand with a whisk or a spoon until completely combined without over mixing. (Using your hands rather than a mixer is best so you don't over mix but if you are using a mixer, use lowest setting.) Pour batter in perpared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs. Begin checking bread at about 55 minutes and every few minutes after that since everyone's oven is different.
- Allow pumpkin bread to cool in pan for 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely. While bread is cooling, prepare glaze. In a small sauce pan, melt butter with honey. Once butter is melted, whisk in brown sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Allow mixture to heat for a few minutes until very hot without coming to a boil. (Boiling will make it start to caramelize which is fine is you want more of a caramel flavor but I usually go for more a brown sugar flavor.) Once mixture is ready, take off heat and allow it to cool and thicken for about 10 minutes. Drizzle over cooled pumpkin bread and serve.
- This pumpkin bread will stay moist and fresh for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container.