Super moist orange bread studded with juicy cranberries and topped with a sweet, fresh orange glaze.
Oddly enough, this is the first recipe on my blog using cranberries! I just love cranberry and orange together. This super simple quick bread bread bakes up soft, moist and extremely flavorful. The sweet orange bread is studded with tart cranberries throughout. What really ties this whole bread together is the fresh orange glaze on top! It really helps to have a nice sweet and tart combo.
This bread comes together quickly in one bowl for easy clean-up. I think the hardest part about this recipe is chopping those darn cranberries! You can even add some pecans or walnuts along with the cranberries, go crazy!
To bring you this recipe, Bob's Red Mill supplied me a few different flours to try out. I was so excited to work with them because I just love their flours! I decided on using their Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour because this kitchen staple is incredibly versatile and covers all of your baking needs. They were even kind enough to supply me with a COUPON to for you guys!
This glazed cranberry orange bread is so festive and perfect for the Holiday season. Not to mention how delicious it is!
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
*Cranberry Orange Bread*
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbs granulated sugar DIVIDED
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- zest of one orange about one tablespoon
- 2 cups cranberries chopped in half
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2-4 tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbs unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan very well. Set aside.
- Chop cranberries in half and toss with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, remaining one cup of sugar, baking soda and salt together. Fold in cranberries. Make a well in the center and add buttermilk, orange juice, oil, egg and vanilla. Gently stir until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When bread is taken out of oven, release the edges with a butter knife immediately to prevent any sticking. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in pan before inverting on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While bread is cooling, prepare glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk confectioner's sugar, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until smooth. Add more or less orange juice for a thinner or thicker glaze. Pour over cooled bread.
- This Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread will stay fresh for up to 6 days stored in an air tight container at room temperature.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Reply