These cheesy jalapeño popper pinwheels incorporate everything you love about a traditional jalapeño popper, all wrapped up in sweet puff pastry dough!
Once you make these, I seriously dare you to stop at just one. They are so addicting! I love making regular jalapeño poppers where you fill the jalapeño with the filling and wrap them in bacon (AKA the only way to eat them!), but this twist on the classic is such a wonderful change! The sweet dough surrounding the filling is such a delicious addition.
How to make Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels:
- Mix up the filling which consists of a mixture of cream cheese, assorted cheeses, spices, chopped jalapeño and chopped crispy bacon.
- Spread the filling mixture on the sheet of puff pastry.
- Roll the dough up length-wise and cut 1″ circles out of the log.
- Place them on your prepared baking sheet and before baking, sprinkle with more cheese!
More EASY appetizer recipes you’ll love:
Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 jalapeño peppers seeded/de-membraned and diced small
- 3-4 slices crispy bacon roughly chopped (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix cheese together and reserve 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, and spices until smooth. Fold in cheese, diced jalapeño and bacon until evenly distributed. Roll up dough length-wise and slice into 1″ pieces. Place on prepared baking sheet and top each round with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned and dough is cooked through.