These Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Pinwheel Appetizers incorporate everything you love about a classic jalapeño popper, all wrapped up in flakey puff pastry dough!
Once you make these, I seriously dare you to stop at just one. I love making traditional jalapeño poppers where you fill the jalapeño with the filling and wrap them in bacon (AKA the only way to eat them!), but this twist on the classic is such a wonderful change! The sweet, flakey dough surrounding the filling is such a delicious addition. These are so perfect to feed your guests during football season, add to your Super Bowl spread or any get together at any time of year! They are always a crowd pleaser. And bonus, nobody will have to know how easy they were to make!
Why you'll love this recipe
- EASY appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time!
- These are a must-have for any game day or gathering!
Ingredients needed to make pinwheels
- Cheese: I use a mixture of Mozzarella, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses
- Cream cheese: Makes the filling deliciously creamy.
- Spices: Garlic powder, Paprika Onion powder, Salt and Pepper - so much yummy flavor!
- Jalapeño peppers: seeded/de-membraned and diced small
- Bacon: Fried until crispy and roughly chopped
- Puff pastry: You need just one sheet of puff pastry. Store bought dough makes this recipe so quick and easy!
How to make pinwheel appetizers:
- Mix up the filling which consists of a mixture of cream cheese, assorted cheeses, spices, chopped jalapeño and chopped crispy bacon.
- Spread the filling mixture on the sheet of puff pastry.
- Roll the dough up length-wise and cut 1" circles out of the log.
- Place them on your prepared baking sheet and before baking, sprinkle with more cheese!
- If you want them extra spicy, leave the seeds and membranes in the jalapeños. Less spicy, be sure to get as much as you can out.
- Use pepper jack cheese in the cheese mix for an extra kick!
- Be sure cream cheese is softened for easy mixing.
- This recipe is really great to prep ahead of time. I talk more about how to do this below in the FAQ section!
Yes! This is such a great appetizer to prepare ahead time. Just prepare the recipe right up to right before slicing them. Leave the dough in log form until ready to use. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Before baking, slice the roll and bake according to recipe instructions.
More appetizer recipes you'll love
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 jalapeño peppers seeded/de-membraned and diced small
- 3-4 slices crispy bacon roughly chopped (about ½-3/4 cup)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all cheese together and reserve ¼ cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, and spices until smooth. Fold in cheese, diced jalapeño and bacon until evenly distributed.
- Roll up dough length-wise and slice into 1" pieces. Place on prepared baking sheet and top each round with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned and dough is cooked through.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.