Soft and chewy Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are perfect when you need a quick and tasty treat because they start with a box mix! The classic red velvet flavor shines through with a rich and vibrant red color and the white chocolate chips add a nice creaminess to every bite.
It's almost Valentine's Day but I love these cookies all year round. They're so great for Christmas, too! Cake mix cookies are the simplest of cookies to make but taste SO delicious without needing a bunch of ingredients. You’ll need four to be exact! They taste like red velvet cake batter, but in cookie form. They are thick, chewy and stay soft for days and days. These are my absolute favorite cake mix cookies!
If you’re not a fan of red velvet, you can adapt this recipe by using any flavor of cake mix you like! The most important step to these cookies is chilling the dough for at least three hours. This is absolutely mandatory to get perfectly thick and chewy cookies.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookie
- 1 15.25 oz red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips divided
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, melted butter, eggs and yolks until fully combined, about one minute. Fold in ¼ cup white chocolate chips by hand. Chill dough in refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough, spreading 2 inches apart. Take the reserved white chocolate chips and press a few into the tops of each dough ball.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cookies will look underdone, but they will set as the cool. Allow to cool on pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.