Super creamy, easy and delicious peanut butter pie that is poured into an oreo crust and topped with homemade dark chocolate whipped cream!
Ohhhh man, you guys. Have I got a treat for you today! I just love easy recipes for when I’m in a pinch and need a quick recipe. This recipe is almost no-bake, you’ll just need to bake the crust. I like a firmer crust so it stays together but if you don’t mind a crumbly crust, you don’t even need to bake it! Which makes this pie even easier.
With the warmer months ahead, it’s always good to have a few dessert tricks up your sleeve that don’t require turning on the oven.
The crust is just a traditional Oreo crust and the filling is a super creamy and delicious peanut butter filling. I had to stop myself from licking the bowl clean!
To prep this dessert, you’ll start by pulsing the Oreos and butter together and pressing them into a lightly greased pie plate. If you choose to bake it, it’ll bake for 10 minutes and then you’ll need to cool it completely before filling. To make the filling, you’ll whip everything up in a big bowl and just pour it into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for a few hours or preferably overnight and there ya go! A super easy and AMAZINGLY delicious dessert that comes together super quick.
Before serving you can whip up some dark chocolate whipped cream to garnish the top with for extra deliciousness.
Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
- 30 Oreos
- 7 tbs unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
*Dark Chocolate Whipped Cream*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs dark cocoa powder
- 4 tbs confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs peanut butter melted for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbs chocolate syrup for garnish (optional)
- candy pieces for garnish (optional)
- Crust does not need to be bakes BUT if you would like a firmer crust, go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse oreos in a food processor until very fine. Add melted butter and pulse again until butter is evenly distributed. Press mixture into a lightly greased pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely. If not baking the crust, just set aside.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese and peanut butter together until smooth with no lumps. Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat again until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture until fully combined. Pour into completely cooled crust. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or preferably overnight. You can also freeze the pie and serve if you'd like a firmer pie.
- Before serving, prepare dark chocolate whipped cream, if desired. Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add cocoa powder, confectioner's sugar and vanilla until combined. Pipe or spread onto pie. Garnish pie with melted peanut butter, chocolate syrup and candy pieces, if desired, before serving.