Words cannot describe the goodness that is this Oreo Truffles recipe. With only 3 ingredients required, these oreo cream cheese balls are an easy no-bake treat that everyone will go crazy over!
I just cannot get enough of these oreo cookie balls! They can be whipped up from start to finish in less than an hour and just trust me when you take a bite, you will not be able to stop at just one! I use the same oreo truffle recipe in my triple oreo truffle brownies that are insanely delicious!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy recipe: You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe and the process of making them is super easy.
- Delicious: Everyone always goes crazy over these little Oreo balls and for good reason - they are fudgy decadent little treats.
- Prefect for parties because of their small poppable size. Nobody will be able to stop at just one!
You only need THREE ingredients for this recipe:
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Dark chocolate melting wafers: I use Ghirardelli
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Substitutions & Variations
- Mint Chocolate Oreo Truffles: Use mint-flavored Oreo cookies and add a drop of mint extract to the truffle mixture and/or the melted chocolate for a minty twist.
- Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles: Mix peanut butter into the truffle mixture for a peanut butter and chocolate delight. Drizzle melted peanut butter on top.
- Cookies and Cream Oreo Truffles: Make Oreo truffles directed and roll in white chocolate with crushed Oreos mixed in.
- Nutty Crunch Oreo Truffles: Incorporate chopped nuts like almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts into the truffle mixture before shaping and coating.
- Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles: Use Birthday Cake or Golden Oreo cookies for a funfetti-inspired truffle. Add colorful sprinkles to the mixture and use a white chocolate coating.
- Coconut Oreo Truffles: Mix shredded coconut into the truffle mixture and roll the truffles in toasted coconut flakes for a tropical twist.
- Fruity Oreo Truffles: Blend freeze-dried fruits like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries into the cream cheese mixture for fruity-flavored truffles.
How to make Oreo balls
- Prepare Oreo truffle mixture by pulsing ores into a find crumb and then adding cream cheese until fully combined.
- Roll into balls and refrigerate.
- Melt chocolate and dip Oreo balls.
- Top with toppings of choice.
How to make Oreo truffles ahead of time
- Oreo Truffles are the perfect make ahead treat because they can be made up to 5 days in advance. Just store them in the refrigerator in a resealable container until ready to use.
- If you want to make these Oreo balls for further in the future, freeze them in a. freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours and then allow to come close to room temperature before serving.
You can experiment with any flavor of Oreo cookies, such as golden, mint or peanut butter to create unique variations.
This is the most fun part! After dipping the truffle balls in melted chocolate, you can sprinkle them with crushed Oreo crumbs, colorful sprinkles, chopped nuts, or drizzle with colored chocolate.
More recipes you'll love
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese cold
- 6 oz dark chocolate melting wafers I use Ghirardelli
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper and set aside. One will be for the rolled truffles before dipping, and the second will be for the truffles after they are dipped in chocolate.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos into a very fine crumb. Add cream cheese and pulse a few times until it comes together in a large ball. Roll truffle mixture into balls and place on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- In a small saucepan, add melting wafers and melt on low heat. Once melted, turn off heat and leave the pot on the burner while you dip the truffles. (Leaving it on the warm burner will keep the chocolate semi-warm.)
- Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and start dipping truffles into the warm chocolate. Carefully place them 1" apart on the second prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 3 crushed Oreo cookies on top of oreo balls, if desired for garnish. Repeat process until all truffles are coated in chocolate. Sprinkle extra cookie crumbs on top while the chocolate is still wet, if desired.
- Allow to set up on the counter for 15-20 minutes. If you are serving them the same day, you can leave them at room temperature as long as it is not too warm. If they are being made ahead, store in the refrigerator until ready to use up to 2 days in advance. Be sure to take them out 30 minutes ahead of time so the truffles will soften up.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.