Ultra soft, ultra chewy and ultra delicious, this is the best cookie cake you will ever make. Complete with a silky ganache frosting!
Having an event and can’t decide whether to have cookies or cake? How about both! This chocolate chip cooke cake is ultra soft, thick and chewy. It’s so incredibly easy to make with no chilling time this baby goes from bowl to oven in less than 15 minutes!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
*Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake*
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tbs semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz heavy cream
- Before beginning, you will need to prepare the ganache frosting since it has to set up before whipping. Place chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl, set aside. Heat heavy cream on a stove top or in microwave until very, very hot - not boiling. Pour cream over chocolate chips and let it sit for 3 minutes without stirring or disturbing. Start whisking chocolate from center-outward until everything is completely smooth and combined. Chocolate sauce should have a smooth velvety texture. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place mixture in refrigerator for up to 2 hours coming back every 30 minutes to stir. While mixture is cooling, start on the cookie cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" springform or regular round cake pan with cooking spray. Optional - cut out a piece of parchment paper and place it on the bottom of pan for easier removal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and melted butter and mix until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Pour in pudding mix, flour, baking soda and pinch of salt and stir until just incorporated. Don't over mix. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips by hand until evenly distributed.
- Press dough into prepared pan until even and level. Sprinkle reserved 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips into the top of the cookie cake and press down slightly. Bake for 21-24 minutes or until the top/center just starts to golden slightly. Cookie cake my look underdone in the middle, but it will set up when it cools and stay extra soft. Allow cookie cake to cool completely in pan.
- Once cookie cake is completely cool, finish preparing frosting. Ganache is ready when texture is firm but still soft and spoonable. Using hand beaters (for ease), whip frosting for 3 minutes on high speed until slightly lighter in color and smooth. Spoon frosting into a piping bag using a open star tip and pipe around the edges. Alternately, you can use a zip top bag with the corner cut off or just spread with a knife.
- Cookie cake will stay soft and fresh for up to one week stored in an airtight container.