Chewy Frosted Brownies topped with the creamiest, most delicious chocolate fudge frosting.
You know those frosted brownies that you get at the grocery store in the bakery section? These remind me so much of those. The brownies have a chewy texture with the richest chocolate flavor. They're like your homemade version of box mix brownies. The frosting is ultra creamy and tastes almost like spreadable chocolate fudge. The flavor is unreal. So good you'll want to eat it with a spoon!
Why you'll love this recipe
- If you love rich chocolate flavor, you are going to LOVE these brownies.
- Unsalted butter
- Sugar: Granulated, light brown and powdered sugar are all used in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- All-purpose flour
- Corn syrup: Used in the frosting to help create a smooth and creamy texture.
How to make chewy brownies
- In a large bowl, add butter, both sugars and cocoa powder. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake.
- Prepare frosting according to recipe instructions below and spread a thick layer on completely cooled brownies
Store chewy frosted brownies at room temperate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
To freeze: Freeze brownies unfrosted for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature. Prepare frosting fresh.
More recipes you'll enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
Chewy Frosted Brownies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbs corn syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 (or 8x8) pan with parchment paper or grease the pan very well with non-stick cooking spray.
For the brownies
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add butter, both sugars and cocoa powder. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir very well until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow brownies to cool completely.
For the frosting
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and corn syrup until completely smooth. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until completely incorporated. The frosting will be extremely thick at this point. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time and beat for about one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting on top of the cooled brownies. Slice into bars and serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.