This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FueledForSchool #CollectiveBias
These super chewy and protein-packed bars are so simple to make and the result is out of this world!
You guys. I’m just going to cut straight to the point here today. These Peanut Butter Honey Rice Krispie Treats are seriously one of the best desserts I’ve ever made. I’m not kidding! I’m not even that crazy about peanut butter but just like my favorite peanut butter cookies, I absolutely cannot get enough of these! And the best part? They are actually pretty healthy(ish)! With just 3 ingredients – Kellogg’s Rice Krispies® Cereal, honey and peanut butter, you get the chewiest, most delicious rice krispie treats you’ve always dreamed of. Without all of the marshmallows and butter! Sweet deal if you ask me.
The extra peanut butter in these treats makes them so super chewy and balances out the sweet honey SO ridiculously perfect. Wanna know a secret? I MIGHT even like these better than my original rice krispie treats.
^ Look at that chewy goodness! Yum.
I love these so much that some mornings, I even had them breakfast. These would be a great idea if your kids are running late for school and don’t have time for breakfast or the perfect, protein-packed on-the-go snack before a sports game! Or if you’re like me, you’ll just eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between! I easily purchased all of my ingredients at Target and you can find the Rice Krispies cereal in the cereal isle.
I’m sure that even if you haven’t made rice krispie treats before, you are surely familiar with how easy they are to make. You’ll melt the honey and peanut butter together until smooth and stir in the krispie cereal until coated thoroughly. Press the mixture into your foil lined pan and well.. that’s it! The quickest and easiest recipe ever and the result is out of this world.
You have got to try these you guys. I know it seems like I’m making a big deal over nothing here, because they’re just another rice krispie treat, but trust me. Once you try these babies you’ll see why I’m raving about them so much!
Peanut Butter Honey Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 7 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large pot on medium-low heat, add honey and peanut butter and stir until melted and smooth. Fold in cereal and mix until peanut butter mixture is evenly distributed. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press it down until firm. I like to use a small piece of parchment paper so it doesn't stick. Allow to cool completely before cutting into them.
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats will stay fresh for up to 10 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Be sure to check out Kellogg’s Back to School packaging and great on-pack offers in store at Target!