Creamy chocolate truffles coated in graham cracker crumbs with a surprise marshmallow center! These S'mores Truffles are such an easy and delicious treat.
I've been making this basic truffle recipe for a while now and there are so many different ways to change it up! Of course, you know I obviously had to make a s'mores version. The chocolate is so creamy, exactly what you would expect from a truffle and the marshmallows stay so soft inside, they're just perfect. I rolled them in a generous costing of graham cracker crumbs just for good measure. These are bite-sized heaven.
Why you'll love this recipe
- These truffles are perfect for special occasions or holidays!
- Such a simple and easy NO-BAKE treat to make that tastes delicious!
- All of the components of s'mores wrapped into little truffle balls.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
How to make s'mores truffles
Truffles are so easy to make!
- Measure out the chocolate chips in a large bowl and set them aside.
- Heat the cream up and pour on top of chocolate chips letting it stand for a fee minutes before whisking. Whisk until completely velvety smooth and chill until firm enough to roll.
- Once the chocolate is ready to roll, scoop out some chocolate, stuff some marshmallows inside, roll them up into a ball shape and roll them around in graham cracker crumbs.
That's it! Basically, what you're making is a chocolate ganache but using a different ratio of chocolate to cream, 3:1 instead of 1:1.
The process can't be any easier! Yeah, it's pretty messy and sticky and you will probably have to wash and dry your hands 50 times but I swear it's worth it in the end.
Substitutions & Variations
There are SO many different ways you can use this basic truffle recipe to create your own truffles with different flavors.
- Add flavored extracts to the chocolate.
- Add liqueur to the chocolate for spiked truffles.
- Stuff them with different ingredients or even roll them in different kinds of things like nuts, cocoa, shredded coconut or even sprinkles!
S'mores Truffles will stay fresh for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Freezing: To freeze, place truffles into a resealable, freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @sprinkle_some_sugar on Instagram!
More s'mores recipes you'll enjoy
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2-3 graham crackers crushed
- 24 mini marshmallows
- Add chocolate chips to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until very hot but not boiling. Alternately, you can do this in the microwave, just be sure to watch it because it may bubble over. Pour hot cream on top of chocolate and swirl gently to make sure all chocolate chips are fully immersed. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Whisk the mixture starting from the center outward until very smooth. Set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set up properly. You want it to be a scoop-able consistency.
- Once truffle mixture is firm enough to scoop and roll, it's time to begin the rolling process. Scoop one rounded tablespoon of truffle mixture and flatten it on the counter. Place 2 mini marshmallows in the center and pinch chocolate around it. Roll in your hands until all marshmallow is covered. This doesn't have to be absolutely perfect, just make sure no marshmallow is seen from the outside.
- Once you have a round shape, roll in graham cracker crumbs. Once all truffles are stuffed and rolled, set them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.